Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Locations and Session Schedule Coming Fall 2023
As a game engine, Unity is a powerful tool developers use to bring their projects to life, including complex, engaging 2D games. Professionals and hobbyists alike have leveraged the program to create everything from smash hit mobile games to best-selling indies on the world’s most popular libraries.
In this workshop for Innovators, students will be introduced to the core principles of designing and developing an engaging 2D video game. Instructors will help students analyze what makes their favorite games so fun to play while guiding them through the many robust features of Unity.
By the end of the course, students will have the ability to design and iterate their own basic video game which they can continue to develop and refine at home.
Projects in this workshop may include: Developing a playable top-down maze game or creating multiple, simple AI agents for their game.
- Core engagement principles
- Designing and developing characters and cameras
- How to design and develop game systems
- Unity game engine
- Unity visual scripting
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 14–18.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.