3D Modeling and Animation with Blender
Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
The modern production process for 3D modeling and animation touches on everything from art to math to computer programming. Video games, manufacturing, architecture, and many other industries rely on modeling real-life objects accurately in digital form.
This workshop introduces Adventurers to the fundamentals of 3D modeling that professionals use every day. Instructors will demonstrate the initial building of forms, the lighting and texturing techniques that help convince our brains that something is real, and some of the very basic animation concepts used in modern filmmaking and video games.
By the end of the course, students will have everything they need to begin putting together a fully realized 3D scene.
Projects in this workshop may include: Designing and modeling a spaceship or modeling and animating a robot.
- Basic creation process of polygonal 3D models
- Material/Texture creation and scene lighting
- Simple 3D animation
- Blender 3D graphics software
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 9–13.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.