One- or Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Locations and Session Schedule Coming Fall 2023
Tuition: One-Week Workshop $1099; Two-Week Workshop $2099
As students mature and their appreciation for art becomes more nuanced, so too can their ability to conceive of and create more complex compositions. Cultivating their passion for artistic expression becomes even more important at this stage in their development.
This Adventurers workshop expands on techniques they’ve learned as young learners and begins introducing more intricate styles of producing art. Instructors will guide students through drawing and painting techniques, eventually leading into a better understanding of how to take static images and objects and process them into moving animations.
By the end of the workshop, students will be able to combine everything they’ve learned to produce short stop-motion or 2D animated clips.
Projects in this workshop may include: Creating an attack animation for a video game or creating a humorous animation.
- Understanding basic drawing and painting principles
- Understanding how to make appealing sequences of animation
- Understanding principles of animation such as timing and spacing, arcs, squash and stretch, etc.
- iPad and Apple Pencil
- Procreate digital illustration app
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 9–13.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.