One- or Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Locations and Session Schedule Coming Fall 2023
Tuition: One-Week Workshop $1099; Two-Week Workshop $2099
Well-made sculptures can be some of the most satisfying types of artwork to design, create, and display. While perfecting the techniques that go into sculpting can take years, there are many fundamentals that students can learn to ensure they have a great start to a lifelong passion.
This workshop for Adventurers starts off with the basic principles of character design, including animals, plants, and humanoids. Instructors will demonstrate several techniques and approaches to sculpting that students will attempt from concept to finished piece.
By the end of the workshop, students will have several well-designed, high-quality sculptures to take home and the know-how to continue the craft at home or at school.
- Basic principles of character design
- The sculpting process from armatures to blockouts and refinement
- Multiple different painting and texturing techniques
- Designing and sculpting a fantasy or sci-fi pet
- Designing and sculpting a standing, bipedal figure
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 9–13.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.