Core Art and 2D Animation Skills
One- or Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
(6/26/23–7/7/23), (7/10/23–7/21/23), (8/7/23–8/11/23)
Tuition: One-Week Workshop $1099; Two-Week Workshop $2099
Register by April 1, 2023 and use code OPENWORLD23 at checkout for 10% off this workshop’s price (offer not combinable with other discounts)
As students learn ever more advanced artistic techniques, their perspective, skill, and interpretation of art becomes more refined. The equipment and tools students become familiar with can also become more complex, and the ability to animate their 2D art becomes more accessible than ever.
The Core Art and 2D Animation Skills workshop expands on techniques Innovators have learned and introduces more intricate styles of producing art. Instructors will guide students into deeper explorations of animation, including how to integrate these animations into interactive media like video games.
By the end of the workshop, students will be able to combine everything they’ve learned to produce short 2D animated clips.
Projects in this workshop may include: Creating an attack animation for a video game or creating a humorous animation.
- Understanding basic drawing and painting principles
- Understanding how to make appealing sequences of animation
- Understanding principles of animation such as timing and spacing, arcs, squash and stretch, etc.
- iPad and Apple Pencil
- Procreate digital illustration app
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 14–18.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.