Core Music and Sound Design Skills
One-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
(7/10/23–7/14/23), (7/17/23–7/21/23), (8/7/23–8/11/23)
Register by April 1, 2023 and use code OPENWORLD23 at checkout for 10% off this workshop’s price (offer not combinable with other discounts)
Exquisite music and sound are what separate good games, video, and interactive media projects from great ones. Professional designers and composers create the soundscapes that allow us to suspend our disbelief, but many of the tools they use are quickly becoming accessible for students and hobbyists, too.
In this workshop for Innovators, students will be introduced to the basics of music theory while working with cutting edge, professional software used by modern professionals. Instructors will guide students in the use of powerful music editing tools that can continue to be used and experimented with at home.
By the end of the week, each Innovator will be able to write and edit their own creative pieces and sound effects.
- Understanding of music theory
- Using music editing software
- Music and sound effect composition
- Implement sound effects and music into a game
- Writing a theme with variations
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 14–18.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.