One- or Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Locations and Session Schedule Coming Fall 2023
Tuition: One-Week Workshop $1099; Two-Week Workshop $2099
Programming can be a lifelong hobby, pursuit, or vocation. Whether someone wants to become a professional developer or just code in their spare time for fun, there are many fundamental programming skills to learn to get the most out of the work.
The Core Programming Skills workshop gives Innovators an advanced approach to core programming principles. Instructors will teach students to work within the web-based code editor Replit, guiding them through essential programming standards in the C++ coding language.
By the end of the course, students will be able to write complete and well-documented programs that can have any number of real-world applications.
Projects in this workshop may include: Programming a number-guessing game or creating a text-based choose your own adventure game.
- Core programming principles
- Pseudo-code and reading and writing documentation
- Inheritance, file input/output, and user interaction
- C++ programming language
- Replit integrated development environment
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 14–18.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.