Developing AI for Video Games in Unreal
Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Register by April 1, 2023 and use code OPENWORLD23 at checkout for 10% off this workshop’s price (offer not combinable with other discounts)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the most exciting fields to be get into. Its implications for everything from robotics, to autonomous vehicles, to computer vision and speech recognition are monumental. For video games, good AI is particularly imperative for engaging gameplay and positive player experiences.
In Developing AI for Video Games, Innovators will be introduced to the different approaches and applications of AI for use in games. Instructors will use the AI tools in the Unreal 4 game engine to give students a practical method for developing AI behaviors and applying them to their games.
By the end of the workshop, students will be able to design, create, and deploy their AI in a video game.
Projects in this workshop may include: Creating a series of cooperating, player-opposing AI or programming an intelligent boss for a game.
- Using Unreal 4’s AI tools
- Understanding how an AI functions and why
- Understanding different ways AI make decisions
- Unreal Engine 4.27 game engine
- Blueprints Visual Scripting gameplay scripting system
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 14–18.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.