Developing Games in Roblox
One-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
(6/26/23–6/30/23), (7/3/23–7/7/23), (7/17/23–7/21/23)
Roblox is a game-creation platform that has introduced millions to game design and programming with its own immersive in-game engine. Dedicated fans and hobbyists are continually developing new games for the community to enjoy.
Adventurers in the Developing Games in Roblox workshop will begin with the principles that apply to all good game design and development, then eventually learn to use the full game-creation tools available in Roblox Studio. Instructors will introduce students to some of the game modes others have developed to better understand what works and doesn’t work for different types of games.
At the end of the workshop, students will be able to come up with and develop their own games in Roblox to share and play with their friends.
Projects in this workshop may include: Designing a 1-player tank battle that use simple AI or creating a unique platformer game employing different mechanics.
- Learning the basics of game development
- Understanding the game-creation tools available in Roblox
- Demonstrating how to publish games to Roblox
- Roblox Studio
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 9–13.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.