Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Locations and Session Schedule Coming Fall 2023
Open World is excited whenever DigiPen faculty members and other expert creative professionals want to share their knowledge directly with the next generation of creators. Our Masterclasses offer students the opportunity to learn from these experienced instructors in an engaging, focused environment.
We’re proud to offer this Film Scoring Masterclass, taught by James Borchers, Ph.D. from DigiPen’s Department of Music. The curriculum for this workshop will explore the creative principles and software techniques used to support a story with music. With his guidance and mentorship, students will compose an original score synchronized to picture, then participate in a live studio recording session with a chamber ensemble to produce their finished soundtracks.
James’ career has included fellowships and residences at:
Tanglewood Music Center
Wellesley Composers Conference
Kimmel Center for the Arts
Jack Straw Cultural Center
Atlantic Center for the Arts
For more information about James, see his full biography.
- Using professional digital audio workstation software and hardware
- Techniques for composing music synchronized to picture
- How to prepare musical score and parts
- Hands-on experience recording-to-picture with trained musicians
- Recorder and MIDI keyboard
- Reaper digital audio production program
- MuseScore composition and notation software