Practical Programming in C#
One- or Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
(6/26/23–7/7/23), (7/17/23–7/21/23), (7/24/23–8/4/23)
Tuition: One-Week Workshop $1099; Two-Week Workshop $2099
Coding is an essential, modern skill that can serve students as both a hobby and a profession. The earlier the exposure to computer programming languages and workflows, the more fluent someone can become in its usage over a lifetime.
This Adventurers workshop gives students a practical approach to core programming principles. Instructors will teach students to work within the web-based Replit program, guiding them through the ins and outs of the C# programming language.
By the end of the course, students will be able to write complete and well-documented programs that can have any number of real-world applications.
Projects in this workshop may include: Designing and developing a trivia quiz program or coding a sudoku-solving program.
- Core programming principles
- Pseudo-code and reading and writing documentation
- Inheritance, file input/output, and user interaction
- C# programming language
- Replit integrated development environment
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 9–13.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.