Radical Robotics for Explorers
One-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
(6/26/23–6/30/23), (7/3/23–7/7/23), (7/10/23–7/14/23), (7/17/23–7/21/23), (7/24/23–7/28/23), (7/31/23–8/4/23), (8/7/23–8/11/23)
Register by April 1, 2023 and use code OPENWORLD23 at checkout for 10% off this workshop’s price (offer not combinable with other discounts)
For early learners, robotics offers the kind of exciting experiences that often spark a lifelong interest in science and engineering. After all, there’s nothing quite like seeing a robot they’ve programmed and built themselves come to life!
The Radical Robotics workshop gives students everything they need to get their first taste of working with robots in a fun, nurturing environment. Instructors will guide them through many of the issues robotics experts must consider, such as how fast or strong to make their robot and how to improve their performance.
By the end of the week, each Explorer will have a working, moving robot they can take home to keep tinkering with.
Projects in this workshop may include: Creating a robot that makes conditional decisions or writing a program to gather objects for a robot.
- The roles of software and hardware in robotics
- Engineering concepts like torque and speed
- The importance of iteration in robotics
- Physical programming
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 5–8.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.