Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Locations and Session Schedule Coming Fall 2023
The resurgence of tabletop role-playing games (TTRPG) like Dungeons & Dragons has created a whole new generation of collaborative storytellers. While there can be a lot of improvising while playing TTRPGs, careful planning, design, and worldbuilding can ensure that everyone has the best experience.
In this Adventurers workshop, students will learn the importance of worldbuilding in games, from building regions and characters to writing fun and interesting quests and storylines. Instructors will show students how to build engaging spaces in their worlds to make sure everyone can contribute and have a good time when playing in their campaigns.
By the end of the workshop, students will be able to write questlines and tell engaging stories.
Projects in this workshop may include: Designing a homebrew class of characters or designing a map of a town or dungeon.
- Common worldbuilding principles
- What goes into designing and writing quests
- Building out engaging storytelling spaces
- World Anvil worldbuilding toolset
- Dungeons & Dragons worldbuilding tools
- ChatGPT content generation assistance AI
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 9–13.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.