One-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Locations and Session Schedule Coming Fall 2023
Engineering is one of the best introductions to science for young learners. Through engineering, students can see how abstract concepts apply to real life and why engineering knowledge is so important to running the world around them.
This workshop for Explorers introduces students to some basic physics principles and how they pertain to engineering concepts. Instructors will demonstrate these concepts through a series of hands-on engineering projects that will give students a practical feel for what engineering is all about.
By the end of the workshop, students will be able to plan and put together a variety of basic engineering projects to demonstrate at home.
- Understanding of the planning process
- Basic physics principles
- How engineers take advantage of physics principles
- Designing boats and racing them against each other
- Creating a slime polymer
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 5–8.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.