Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Locations and Session Schedule Coming Fall 2023
Open World is excited whenever DigiPen faculty members and other expert creative professionals want to share their knowledge directly with the next generation of creators. Our Masterclasses offer students the opportunity to learn from these experienced instructors in an engaging, focused environment.
We’re proud to offer this Unreal Engine 5 Masterclass, taught by creative director and multidisciplinary artist Eddy Ortega. The curriculum for this workshop includes students proposing a small 2D or 3D video game project they would like to work on for the duration of the Masterclass. Eddy will then assist them in unlocking the full potential of Unreal Engine 5 to help make their creative vision a reality.
Eddy’s experience and flexibility ensures that every student who participates in the workshop will come away with a greater understanding and appreciation for developing multimedia projects using Unreal Engine.
Eddy’s professional roles have included:
Member of Intel’s internal R&D prototyping team
Founder of game studio Polymath Lab
Producer and Creative Director at Funomena
For more information about Eddy, see his full biography.
- Unlocking the full capabilities of Unreal Engine 5 for video game projects
- Walkthrough of the game design pipeline (design, art creation, asset implementation, backend blueprints)
- In this Masterclass, students will be able to propose a small 2D or 3D game project they would like to create. Eddy will be helping them use Unreal Engine to develop their projects.
- Unreal Engine 5 game engine
- Blueprints Visual Scripting gameplay scripting system