Using Unity to Develop 3D Games
Two-Week Workshop, Dates Offered:
Register by April 1, 2023 and use code OPENWORLD23 at checkout for 10% off this workshop’s price (offer not combinable with other discounts)
Unity, the game engine, is one of the most popular game creation tools among professional developers and has been used to develop hit games such as Cuphead, Hollow Knight, and Pokémon Go. The program has an array of powerful functions to create great-looking, engaging games at any level of skill.
This workshop for Innovators gives students an overview of Unity and covers the entire game design process with additional instruction in the development of 3D characters and cameras. Instructors will guide students through the entire game design process to ensure aspiring amateur developers or soon-to-be professional developers have a great base of knowledge to start with.
By the end of the course, students will have the ability to design and iterate their own basic video game which they can continue to develop and refine at home.
- Core engagement principles
- How to design and develop characters and cameras
- Designing and developing game systems
- Designing a complete game questline
- Developing a 3D-platformer game
- This workshop’s curriculum has been reviewed by a panel of college-level faculty from DigiPen Institute of Technology to ensure its relevance and appropriateness for students aged 14–18.
- As with every Open World workshop, a special visit by an industry guest has been arranged to help students see the connection between their workshop and real-world careers.